HAIR IS NOT SUPPLIED
HAIR IS NOT SUPPLIED
- How long is the process? After cornrowing your natural hair, bulk hair is placed inside your braids with a crochet needle and the process takes 2 to 4 hours depending on desired length.
- What is included with my install? Braiding hair, cut & style. Please have a picture or be able to articulate your desired style.
- What kind of hair can be used? Any brand bulk hair (hair that's not on a track) such as: Femi Collection, Noir, Freetress,Cuban Twist,ETC. Please visit the WHAT TO BUY section on the website
- What is a Knot-Free/No Knot Part? The knots on the part aren't visible and gives the illusion its growing from your scalp. This is a add-on service and can only be requested at appointment. The cost is $10/part.
- How long does it last and is it safe on my hair? Crochet braids is safe on all hair types even if you're transitioning to natural and can last up to 2 months.
- How long does my hair have to be and what if my hair is thin? Your hair has to be long enough to braid so more than 3 inches long. If you are balding and/or thinning, the net method which is commonly used on clients with alopecia is the best option.
- How do I maintain my hair? Be sure to wear a satin bonnet every night. The pineapple method is a great way to keep long lasting curls especially with Marley hair( please youtube for examples on this technique ). I only advise you to add setting lotion or a cheap conditioner ( I use the $1 suave conditioner mixed with water) to the hair in a spray bottle diluted with water(mousse weighs the hair down and makes it hard). For bulk hair that is already curled hair such a freetress, you can maintain the curls by spraying setting lotion,water or conditioner to revive the curl pattern.
- How long does the curls last with Marley hair? With maintenance, up to 3 weeks. Recurls are offered as a service.
- How should my hair be at the time of appointment? I'm not a full-service salon so your hair must be cleaned and dry before appointment (you can add oils or any moisture to your hair) and be free from braids. DO NOT COME IN WITH CONROWS, I have my own special braid pattern based on style.
- How many packs of hair do I need? For short/shoulder-3-4 packs and Long 4 -6 packs. Additional packs is needed for fullness.(Only if you desire BIG hair) For Pre-Twisted hair 6-8 packs is needed depending on brand and size. Keep in mind that the bulk hair comes in one length with is 22inches so if your want a shorter style, it can be cut.
- What if my hair is colored/dyed? If you colored hair -for example- brown hair and you're purchasing hair that matches you will have to purchase braiding hair in your color as well. I only use black braiding hair and will it be noticeable.
- Can Human Hair be used? I don't recommend working with human hair since the hair is cut out after install. I don't know of any brands since its not popular amongst clients but bulk hair (not on a track) can be used. Since the hair has to be folded in order to get a secure knot you will have to but at least a 30 inch, folded is will be 15 inches- THIS CAN GET VERY COSTLY WHICH IS WHY I DONT RECOMMEND. New crochet companies are on a rise, so I'm sure this option will be available soon. When buying human please be mindful what percent is human vs. synthetic. It may be best to stick with the hair already on the market(synthetic).
- I want to order a custom wig, what is the process? Custom wigs are $130 with hair included( a crochet net wig is used only). Send an email with pic of desired style and a invoice will be sent. Upon payment there is a 48 hour turnaround. After completion you will be contacted for a fitting/customizing, adjustments to hair can made then as well. Fitting are typically 15-30 mins. Please be mindful that my operating hours are Tues-Fri, so if orders are made on fri or sat the next available pickup day is tues.
- Do offer a takedown service? I offer a takedown service on my work only for $15, select times are only available. You can text me the day needed (number available in your confirmation email) and I will let you know the times available. This service is only offered in between appointments.
- What styles qualify for the Tues Special? The Tuesday special is $80 and only qualify for short/shoulder styles. NO EXCEPTIONS Shoulder length is touching your shoulders, length past the shoulders are considered long.
- Candidates Ineligible For Service. These pictures are severe forms of Thinning/Alopecia. Please Consult a Physician. You are however eligible for a CUSTOM WIG.
AFTER BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT <<<PLEASE>>> READ YOUR CONFIRMATION AND REMINDER EMAIL.